Thursday, January 6, 2011


When you spend hours upon endless hours behind the wheel of a vehicle (I hate it when people call their cars "my vehicle", but I'm generalizing a bit here), you form a genuine level of comfort, familiarity and even a bond of sorts. I bought my VW Eurovan in April of 2005 and put about 165,000 miles on it in the time since. That's a lot of time in the saddle. It's crazy to think that when I bought it (after months of deliberation and study) neither of our children were born, one of our dogs wasn't born, another dog was still alive, we lived in another city....on and on what has gone down since that time, but the Eurovan has treated me right. I still have it, but it is semi-retired and going up for sale very soon. I vowed a couple years ago to not get sentimentally attached to inanimate objects, but the van and I have done hard time together....

Sean Newton photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment