Sunday, April 24, 2011


You just don't get that much cool stuff in the mail anymore. I used to get so stoked on zines or little care packages of random stuff from the likes of my friend Lew (often addressed to "Satan" or "Nazi"--I can't believe a lot of those envelopes were even delivered). Once in awhile though, something really good comes through the 'box. Out of nowhere, an anonymous looking envelope from Phil Rase showed up with these gems inside. A gold mine of early 70's motorcycle photos and information. So cool. These are no Ebay score either, each mag is stamped with the name "Ken Rase". I never got to meet Phil's father, but I know he was big into custom motorcycle wheel-building and well know for his skills. Phil, I can't tell you how touched I am by your thoughtfulness. I tried to call to tell you, but all three of the phone numbers I have for you are kaput?

No comments:

Post a Comment