I do some stupid shit but this one ranks right up there. I'll give you a taste of what it's like to live in my mind.
Last night, in the barn, I dinked around endlessing with wiring and made little headway. In positive contrast, I mounted a new headlight, connected it, relocated the switch and got stoked. After all this electrical action and not running the bike, the battery was starting to wane "Better charge this battery and tomorrow I can maybe try to start this mofo".
Fast forward 18 hours and I flipped on the light switch. Nothing. Turned on the key. Nothing. I looked at the battery, with the charger clamps still connected, and the above is what I saw. Red is negative? I'm an idiot. The $30 mis-connect. AND I swear I was totally sober.